A Custom Mouthguard Recipe Guide To Giving Thanks
As we approach the season of gratitude and celebration, it’s the perfect time to acknowledge and thank your dedicated athletes for their hard work, commitment and passion.
One of the most thoughtful ways to express your appreciation is to provide your players with something functional that they can use during competition. It’s also always helpful if that token is meaningful and will be cherished.
So, how do you cook up the perfect gift to give thanks? Look no further than custom mouthguards.
Recipe For Disaster
No matter what sport your athletes play, injuries to the mouth and face happen. Direct impact from elbows, fists, pucks, sticks or any hard hit that slams the upper and lower jaw together, may have thankless results:
- Approximately 5 million teeth are knocked out annually during sports and recreational activities.
- Athletes have a 33-56% chance of receiving an orofacial injury — an injury to the mouth or face — during their playing career.
- Broken bones heal. ACLs are repairable. A broken tooth lasts forever.
- The lifetime cost to replace just one tooth — with maintenance, appointments, and surgeries — is approximately $20,000.
Recipe For Success
Only a custom mouthguard can protect you from the monster known as orofacial injury. That’s why both the American Dental Association (ADA) and the Academy for Sports Dentistry (ASD) recommend a professionally made, properly fitted custom mouthguard for all contact and collision sports.
- Start with at least 4mm of protection in the important impact zones — the areas in front of the teeth and under the molars. That is the minimum amount of material needed to properly protect the teeth, gums and jaw when an impact occurs.
- In order to fit perfectly — without biting or clenching — and stay in place at all times, custom mouthguards must be made from an exact impression of each athlete’s mouth structure and pressed at 120lbs per sq in.
- This guarantees the mouthguard is where it needs to be when contact occurs to the face or jaw.
- Also allows athletes to speak clearly, breathe with ease and actually (!) be comfortable in a mouthguard.
Recipe For Appreciation
When expressing gratitude or presenting a gift, it’s crucial to add a personal element to convey your appreciation. A custom mouthguard is a unique way for your players to showcase their individuality through their sports equipment, with several options for personalization, including:
- Name, number and/or nickname
- 18 solid color options — including shiny metallic choices
- Endless color combination possibilities
- Add team logos – additional free and metallic logo options available
Only a custom mouthguard is designed to reflect your player’s personal style — while also helping them complete their game face!